Many people miss their targets every year. Not because they’re lacking the skills or knowledge, but because they lose sight of what it is that they want to achieve. With this in mind, it’s important that you’re tracking your targets. We’ve met our targets much quicker with monday.com, a powerful work operating system (Work OS), and we wanted to share with you how.
1. Implement a bespoke monday.com system that works for your targets
This first step is key – and luckily, we’re experts in building custom monday.com systems that reflect your business processes and targets. We take time to understand what you want to achieve, and architect and implement a carefully-crafted solution, perfectly matching your business requirements.
2. Break down your target into smaller, manageable chunks
At a glance, targets can seem daunting. However, when you split them down into more manageable chunks, you can work through them to contribute to the overall goal.
With monday.com, you’re able to create different groups with individual items to separate your targets into smaller pieces. Or, you can create sub-items from a task to ensure that it is correctly linked to the record. This will give you a clearer view of the steps needed to achieve your target, all in one centralised place.
Some of the most helpful monday.com columns include:
- Dates – you can use this to set motivating deadlines for each task, and an overall deadline for your main target.
- Timelines – these can be used to set dates of which you’d like each sub-item of your target to be completed in.
- People – if your target is collaborative, you’re able to assign people to each task, creating a clear view of who is responsible for what.
- Checkbox – nothing is more satisfying than completing a task and ticking it off. It also gives you a view of what’s been done in a single glance.
- Progress tracking – this is great for tracking targets. It looks at your status columns and combines them to give you an overall percentage of the target complete.
3. Align your targets with your monday.com columns and values
Once you have a monday.com system to work from, and you’ve broken down your targets, you’re ready to track them.
With the wide, varied range of columns that monday.com has, you can fit in every detail of your target – whether it’s a deadline, a file that you need to complete it, or a formula that works out your figures for you.
Once your targets are logged, it’s time to start tracking – as your team complete tasks, you’ll see progress bars fill up and grey ‘To do’s turning to green ‘Done’s.
You’re able to add comments to each item, allowing you to communicate as the targets progress. You can also adjust the targets at any point, adding columns, changing timelines, or even integrating other systems.
4. Use monday.com dashboards to check in on target progress with a single click
Being able to gain a full understanding of your target’s progress at a glance is crucial, especially in such a fast-paced world. With monday.com’s dashboards, you’re provided with a full view of everything happening with your targets, in just the way you want it.
We’d love to assist you in tracking your targets with monday.com – book in a free 1-hour consultation now.
monday.com is perfect for tracking targets. The clear, visual aspect of it makes it easy to see what I need to do at all times. The automation saves me huge amounts of time, allowing me to focus more on progressing my targets.Skyla Grimble, Marketing Assistant